Wednesday, April 1, 2009

i pity the fool

Happy April Fools Day, people! A holiday that encourages cruelty, trickery and paranoia . . . or, as I like to think of it, Christmas in April. Ho ho ho.

I am waiting for someone to pop up behind my cube and announce that the past 3 years of my life have been one long-running joke. Pass me a check, Howie Mandel . . this has gotta be some sort of reality tv game show, yes? Yes?!

Oh, well.

So, since comedy class has just barely begun – and I was a bad little blogger for the month of March – I’m continuing the Comedy theme for the month of April. I think I will also bring back the February Challenge of posting once a day. (is she joking? see – you don’t know what to believe today, do you?)

So, at this week’s comedy class, we did an exercise where everyone else in the class tells you what their first impressions of you are, based solely on appearance. This might sound like being thrown to a pack of wolves – but it was actually pretty interesting. I have no concept of how other people see me. Hell, I barely know how I see myself . . . note the underlying theme of this blog. Apparently, strangers find me to be your Standard 20-Something Girl:

She has a lot of girl friends
She has a lot of guy friends
She likes playing flip cup
She’s creative
She’s into art
She likes the color pink
She’s into long term relationships
She’s a smoker
She’s a pot smoker
She has a tattoo
She’s sarcastic


Hmmm. Interesting. I’m surprised they weren’t able to pick up on my love of Muppets and my fear of left turns.

This is good though – it helps me figure out what my “stage persona” will be. If people see me as a run-of-the-mill, drinking-game-loving, girly girl, I can play with that. My “homework” for this week is to come up with 2 minutes of material based on myself. I could probably come up with 2 hours worth of material on my neuroses alone, so this should not be a problem.

Viva Avril! (the month, not the singer)

No comments:

Post a Comment