Wednesday, April 8, 2009

rat in a cage

Silence in the blogland is due to shake-ups in Corporate America, people -- I apologize. The world is a wacky place these days. I will spare you all the details (also, if the details were to be recognized, my little piece of Corporate America would probably give me the smackdown . . . which actually wouldn’t be so terrible. But I digress).

This is a difficult time to figure out what to do with one’s life. Choices are limited. Risk-taking is very risky. I am torn by my duty to be a responsible 20-something who feeds / clothes / houses herself . . . and my longing for a life that doesn’t resemble one long, miserable day in the DMV waiting room. That’s what my life feels like these days – not so much “living”, as “existing”.

But I can’t wallow. I gotta pull my shit together and start making some plans – because god knows I can only be a cubicle jockey for so long. I’m open to suggestions. What would be a good life for moi? Teacher? Waitress? Radio personality? Pirate?

I sometimes wish I could hit the reset button – just pick up and start over somewhere totally new for awhile. The Facebook quiz for “What City Should I Live In” says I belong in Seattle. It rains a lot there. I think I’d rather be rained on in London.

Moving places seems so hard.

If only I could make money making fun of things. That’s one of my true life joys / talents. Tea Guarie – Professional Heckler. Time to make up some new business cards.

Ah, well. Someday, we’re all gonna look back on this time in our lives and laugh . . . right?

No comments:

Post a Comment