Wednesday, January 21, 2009

go-bama!



So long, muthafuckahs!



It it me, or is the sun shining a little brighter today?

It's a new day, people! A new day, a new world, a new President.

I no longer feel the need to pretend to be Canadian.

This is a new feeling, this "i heart USA!" vibe I'm currently rocking. I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Tiny American flags and country music still don't have much appeal. But this morning, I woke up believing that we have the power to make the world a better place. That I, a selfish, cynical 20-something, can actually make a difference.

I got up and did yoga, that's how good I'm feelin!

Of course, that feeling was pretty much gone after my morning train ride.

Still . . . there's something special about today. Like we've all collectively turned over a new leaf. Possibilities are endless. Can we do it? Yes we can!

Thanks, Mr. President, for Barack-ing my world. And for not revoking my civil liberties because I've made lame puns with your name.



Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment